Last year, the Tennessee Department of Transportation launched a new program called No Trash November to educate Tennesseans about litter and to organize a statewide volunteer force to assist in cleaning up our state before the holiday season, so our out-of-town guests can be welcomed with pride.
To be a part of this state-wide event and competition, Keep Soddy-Daisy Beautiful needs volunteers to help organize and manage some cleanups in November.
As I had surgery last week, we are taking some downtime in November, so we need your help.
Our volunteer project managers will be supported by Keep Soddy-Daisy Beautiful in the following ways:
- Making sure all necessary supplies are provided and trash is picked up
- Keep Soddy-Daisy Beautiful Insurance Coverage
- Assistance with volunteer recruitment and management
- Online marketing through our website, Facebook, etc.
- Mentorship and support
Here are the clean-up requirements (https://nobodytrashedtennessee.com/events):
- Register under Keep Soddy-Daisy Beautiful, but use your own address to get t-shirts delivered. They will send you shirts that you can distribute however you wish. They send 10 per cleanup, I believe. In addition, we have a limited number of KSDB Volunteer shirts left we can give away.
- Send us your cleanup details once you’ve registered so we can add it to our website and create a FB event if you need help recruiting volunteers.
- When selecting your cleanup location, please keep volunteer safety in mind. Cleanups can take place anywhere in N Hamilton County (N Hixson to Sale Creek and surrounding communities).
- Cleanup events must take place from 11/1-11/30.
- Register your event at https://nobodytrashestennessee.com/events to get your free t-shirts and be featured on nobodytrashestennessee.com. All cleanups need to be registered by 11/21.
- It is mandatory for all groups to follow cleanup safety protocols.
- Report the amount of litter your group collected to help Keep Soddy-Daisy Beautiful be in the running to win a No Trash November trophy! You will be asked to report on the number of trash bags that are collected.
- Use #NobodyTrashesTennessee #NoTrashNovember and #KeepSoddyDaisyBeautiful hashtags and @nobodytrashesTN and @keepsoddydaisybeautiful tags when posting photos on social media during your cleanup event.
We are looking for volunteers who can help manage the No Trash November Cleanup. If you have any questions, please let me know.
I appreciate you!